Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome to The Shepherd Report


I have no agenda other than to satisfy my own desire to write – to force myself to think, to research and assimilate facts, and to reason and form my own conclusions. Next is the ultimate step where I put my thoughts into a public forum where they risk the reader’s criticism and rejection or perhaps, only the damning of faint praise. But I welcome it all. I’ve done it before and I’m relatively free from battle scars.

It was in the late 1980’s when I first aimed my modem tones toward the then-largest online service at a blazing 600 baud. A few short years later I was writing a monthly column where I interviewed and wrote about the CEO’s and technology visionaries who were bringing the internet to Everytown, USA. These were the people running the companies that made up the technology boom in the stock market. It was an exciting time and I enjoyed the gig tremendously. But that’s enough history for now.

I'm a Southerner, born and bred. I’m opinionated. I am also tolerant, and I hope you will feel free to state your views on any given subject within the confines of good taste and proper language. Click on the comment button and talk back to me.

You, the reader, won’t always agree with what I write and that’s okay. I won’t always hit one out of the park, but I’ll usually take a swing.

More later…

Nikki Shepherd


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki - Though you're preaching to a member of the choir in this instance, it's important to let you know how much I enoy reading your thoughtful and well-defined comments. Your usually strong and sound opinions are most welcome in this household.

Like you, I'm very concerned about the future of capitalism...this Wall Street crisis seems to be cheered by most of the major media voices...and they're so stupid, they don't realize this will be their downfall as well.

Thanks for sharing your well-written, thoughtful conservative opinions. I look forward to future blogs.

(And Nikki, I must say you are one handsome girl!)

evansluv (aka laramay)

The Shepherd Report said...

Hi Laura,

I really appreciate your nice comments and I'm so glad you stopped by. Please do so frequently and give me your feedback.

As for me being a "handsome girl," I'll pass your complimets on to my groomer. LOL

Nikki